Monday, March 15, 2010

Is UangPanas.com a scam?

UangPanas.com is a kind of get-rich-quick scheme here in Indonesia. Well, the owner would not admit it as another get-rich-quick. He said he was only selling internet business tutorial/guide for newbie. I was falling prey to this programm because of two keywrods; that it was halal, and it was not a pyramide scheme (MLM). But I was really disappointed by what I got. In my opinion, the price he set for the ebook is way too expensive. Its  not really worth it. He also failed to keep his promise; to provide free consultation as quick as possible to the members.

If he targeted newbies then he should understand that newbies are the same, they all need guidance badly. But it is difficult to contact him and ask for guidance or tutorial. His website provide a ticket support system, but it is not effective.  In desperation I used this support ticket, it was done in workday (not weekend or holiday), yet to this date I received no answer. In my frustration I used the support ticket again to send angry messages. The only responses I got was this automated answer, telling me that the change to my ticket support was noted and the support team would address it as soon as possible. It is so annoying when your emotional outburst as a human being addressed so coldly by a robot machine!

So, is UangPanas.com a scam? You decide. I will just say that I understand why many people say so. I will not recommend it to other people.
I see that the website has changed to www.rahasiapanas.com. The owner also changed his on screen name. The comment option in his blog is now closed. Make you wonder, why is the change?

There is one important thing I learn from the whole thing. I definitely do not want to be in his shoes. I will not sell ebooks  and memberships the way he does if my credibility  is at stake. Insha Allah, I will not make a guarantee or promise that I cannot fulfil. In this virtual world, angry customers can voice out their unhappiness, quickly and widely. Once our credibility is ruined, it is almost impossible to have it back intact again. Let us hope he change his way, though.

0 comments: