Monday, March 15, 2010

Video Rotasi Bumi NASA (NASA's Earth Rotation Video)

A couple of years ago, there's a hot controversial issue in my country. Its about heliocentric vs geocentric issue. They are good men, they seem to have deep faith, but they firmly believe that the Sun revolve around the Earth. They do not believe that The Earth is rotating its axis.

As a muslim myself, I firmly believe in everything in the Qur;an and in the saying of Prophet Muhammad.
And I used to write an article about spacecraft for children in the magazine I works for.

One thing I love about those spacecraft is that they have journeys to the space far and awa. And they can send back what they 'see' and record along the journey. One video I like in particular comes from  Galileo Spacecraft.

Excerpt :
"During Galileo's first Earth flyby in late 1990, it made a majestically silent home movie of our big blue marble rotating by taking images almost every minute during a 25-hour period. The above picture is one frame from this movie.. Visible on Earth are vast blue oceans, swirling white clouds, large golden continents, and even one continent frozeninto a white sheet of water-ice. As Galileo passed, it saw a globe that not only rotated but began to recede into the distance."

Click here to watch the video
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap070514.html

0 comments: